Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Apartment for Rent ch 13.3 - Hallway

"Wait!"

I willed myself up, yanked out the key that's still in the keyhole and closed the door.

Guo Li was baffled, took a step back; even Bo Yan who had already abandoned all hope looked up at me.

I looked at them, dropped down to my knees, and kowtowed at them three times. *Bang bang bang*

"I beg of you! Please don't tell any one about this. I don't want to know what happened between the three of you, whether it's murder or an accident. I... I don't want to know any of it, but just please don't call the cop....." My voice was that of apprehension.

I continue to kowtow at them repeatedly.

When I finally looked up, Guo Li's face was covered in complicated lines, he didn't know what to think.

And the idiotic Bo Yan suddenly turned into an entirely different person, almost ecstatically he shouted, "No Problem! But what do you think our next step should be?"

A second passed, he suddenly remembered that Guo Li hasn't settled all his scores with him yet, so I certainly wouldn't be able to make any decisions. He cast a look in Guo Li's direction.

Guo Li looked at Bo Yan in disbelief.


Didn't this guy hold the body hostage for the sole purpose of negotiating with him? Although it was quite obvious the fact that he was holding the body meant he wasn't going to call the cops, but would rather settle this privately. But just a few words from the landlord were able to excite him as much.... this just seemed a little too easy!


"I think that is a good idea, but...." Guo Li looked at Bo Yan, not sure how to convey his confusion.


I decisively announced, "Let's stop with the discussion! Since we all agreed to keep quite on this, we should now figure out a way to get rid of the body. Never mind that I really don't want to know how Ling Hu.... how he died! That will only bring me more trouble. So I am going to ask the two of you to sear that you will never speak a word of what happened here, even when the three of us were alone. Even if the cops are onto one of you one day, you still won't drag me or this apartment into the mix. This is my only condition."

Guo Li frowned and sneaked a few looks at Bo Yan.

Of course Bo Yan just nodded non-stop, usually high spirited.

"I swear," said Guo Li, pulling himself together, "I will never speak of a word about this, not in the future, nor drag mister landlord into this."

"Me too! I swear also!" Bo Yan was delirious, "If I ever speak of a word about this, or drag you into it, I will be stabbed forty-nine times and die a horrible death!"

"Good!" I was relieved, "Now what should we do with him?" I pointed at Ling Hu. He probably never imagined that he would turn into some sort of bargaining chip and got involved in some ridiculous transaction after his death.


You could say the next item on my agenda was very easy, but you could also say that it's very arduous.

That was to bring both murderers' focus onto destroying evidence of the crime rather than second guessing why the other party was being so cooperative.

After all, the conflict existed from the very beginning. All I could do was to reorganize the scenes, I would not be able to make the conflict go away.

It was ludicrous how the three murderers each of us involved at various level were all sitting around the corpse.

I looked at Bo Yan.








No comments:

Post a Comment