Sunday, September 16, 2018

Apartment for Rent ch 12.3



I stood outside of Bo Yan's door, looking at the stairs at the end of the hallway.

Guo Li could be here any minute, I need to figure out a new path for my sudden change of plans.

My mind was racing as a mad speed.



Tak.

Tak. Tak.



Guo Li walked at a slow pace purposefully, inching closer one step at a time.

I bit my lower lip with my teeth and ran my hands from my temple to my neck. Adrenaline roiling inside of me.


How was I going to explain the whereabout of Mr. Wang to Guo Li?

How was I going to make Guo Li focus all his attention on Bo Yan?



The sound of the shower coming from Ying Ru's room stopped.



Bang.



A silent, obviously one-sided "face off", had ended in Ying Ru's room.



I widened my eyes, an extremely radical idea climbed up my spine like vines growing out of control



Since I have already altered my plan, I was just going to ignore it. I doubt Guo Li would notice the disappearance of Mr. Wang.

Guo Li's face off would be much easier. All I need to do was to help bring the negotiation over the corpse onto the table.



Tak.

Tak. Tak.



Before Guo Li reached fourth floor, I took out my key and gently thrusted it inside Bo Yan's key hole.

I took off my slippers and carried them in my hand. Then I rushed upstairs and returned to my control room, monitoring all seven battle fields simultaneously.

I gasped for air in front of my TV. My rash decisions made my heart pound vigorously inside my chest.

This room has no shortage of hearts ready to explode.



Guo Li finally arrived between Ying Ru and Bo Yan's rooms, a little confused at the key inside Bo Yan's door.

His shaky hand hesitated in mid air, like a scene paused on an old VCR.




Bo Yan, who noticed all the bustling outside the door, had nevertheless adopted the strategy of giving up. He simply closed his eyes and forced himself to go to sleep. Most likely he was hoping his other unpredictable and terrifying personality will surface and take care of the unbearable upcoming chain of events.

As I have mentioned previously, nowadays the college student acceptance rate is 120%. Their products are a bunch of sons of bitches who couldn't take any responsibilities.



The entrance of hell.

The mouth of a monstrous creature looked no different than a regular room.

Mr. Wang now sat on the chair that's more horrifying than an electric chair. His eyes closed, he looked so familiar, so serene. It was as though hymns sang by a church choir was playing in the background, so melodious and mellifluous.

The dripping Ying Ru was quiet and exude an air of superiority as usual.She did not waste time on figuring out how Mr. Wang could just walk into her room, or tried to figured out why. She was not interested in those answers.

As though it was nature to a predator like her, she produced a bunch of ropes and tied up the unconscious Mr. Wang and opened up the little wooden box she had been hiding her bed.



The naked little miss Wang laid in the middle of the bed. Under the bed, expired milk jugs scattered all over the floor. Old Zhang was covered in tears. He knelt with his hands together, continuously bowing down the little miss Wang on the bed.

I zoomed into to the image.

Little miss Wang laid there motionlessly, her eyes closed.

From my experience of looking at thousands of pictures of corpses on the internet, I believed little miss Wang was suffocated.

Peeping Toms were always best at protecting themselves, this principle was always right.

If you have a highlighter nearby, you should highlight this sentence.



"In your mind, only one person could intrude into others' rooms -- Bo Yan" I asked wisely, like a game show host to the special guest.

"Do you want to take care of Bo Yan first? or get rid of little miss Wang's body first? Sure, Bo Yan tied up little miss Wang and tossed her into your closet, that was awful, but after all, she was alive when he handed her over to you. You were the one whose responsible for her death."

"If you don't get rid of the body fast, once Mr. Wang called the cops, an investigation will be launched, you may not have another opportunity to take care of the dead body. What are you going to do then? Surely you can't blame it on Bo Yan a second time. Your finger prints are all over the body!"

I asked questions after questions. Naturally old Zhang who has been bowing to the dead body on his knees did not respond to any of them.

But the answer was already obvious.



Old Zhang stood up blankly, pushed over a dresser to block his door. He didn't want "Bo Yan the culprit" intruding into his room again. Then he went and got a wet towel from the bathroom and to carefully clean little miss Wang's body.

Tears streamed down old Zhang's cheek as he wiped down little miss Wang's small and innocent body. I wondered if he had given some serious thought to the transportation and location to abandon the body.


Back to Guo Li.

I was not sure whether he recall that Mr. Wang was still looking for his daughter, nonetheless...



He had already swung opened the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment